1. ClientKeepersUSA 40/40/20 Rule.
The tried-and-true method of marketing is known as the 40/40/20 rule. There are three components to the success and ROI of your direct mail marketing:
1) 40% the quality of your mailing list
2) 40% how compelling and how keepable your content is
3) 20% everything else (design, the copy/text of the mailing, the images you’ve chosen, delivery date and method, etc.).
2. Give it Time. (Prospecting)
If you’re farming an area or geotargeting from data mining sources, you’ll want to give adequate time to assess your results. Marketing is about consistency over time to create an impression that makes them want to buy from YOU!
3. Make a Great Call to Action.
The last 20% is about content, timing and most of all, making your clients or prospects take the desired action: to call you. This could be a giveaway, a drawing or an opportunity of some kind you want them to act on.